In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(gift) bien elegido(gift) bien escogido(remarks) bien elegido(remarks) bien escogido(remarks) muy apropiadoI gave him a few well-chosen words! — ¡le dije cuatro cosas bien dichas!
- Concepts such as ‘time sickness’ and ‘time poverty’ are explored through well-chosen case studies.
- Lemon sole can have a wonderful, delicate flavour just begging to be woken up by ginger, garlic and a few well-chosen spices.
- While a few well-chosen words may at times bring solace, and a good joke may bring on fits of laughter, such things are rarely enough to cure a severe depression.
- She has read the Bible closely, and begins each chapter with a well-chosen citation.
- With many well-chosen quotes from her fiction and her philosophy, he traces the interplay between her experience and her intellect.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.