In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There is is a safe and well constructed play area and a selection of small farm animals which can be fed with food bought from the Gallery.
- Many air bed pumps are not that well made and have a tendency to fail at the worst times. - Look for well constructed pumps that can do the job and don't sound like a leaf blower.
- Some of their number began hurling javelins and knives at their hidden tormenters, but these either fell short or stuck like pins in the well-constructed barriers.
- He walked through the hallways of this well-constructed building.
- Even in the well-constructed buildings in California, designed to withstand massive quakes, we cower in primal fear when we face nature's wrath.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.