In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- More and more well-educated, cultured people from other regions are coming to Shanghai to settle.
- Aki is an intelligent, well-educated, liberal-minded individual and more importantly he gives a good interview.
- They are predominantly middle class, well-educated and highly motivated.
- An intelligent and well-educated girl, she joined the household of Catherine Parr.
- You are not very well-educated and certainly not well-travelled.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.