In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bien parecido dated
- Leon was popular and well favored.
- They soon picked him out as a lad who listened closely and remembered well; he was in those days well favoured, and pleasing in his behaviour.
- The star of the appellation is Roc des Combes, produced on a particularly well-favoured site on the Gironde itself.
- Joseph was a goodly person, and well favoured.
- The Carlow clubs have been reasonably well favoured by the luck of the draw.
- The more ambitious and well favoured tend to become obtrusive, and, eventually, inevitably, an embarrassment to their masters.
- We live in one of the most well-favored parts of the world here and the abuse is unacceptable and very sad.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.