In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1muy queridomuy gustado Latin America
- By all accounts, they are well-liked by the crews they work with, and behave decently when stopped for a word or an autograph by fans.
- He was very well-liked by all his colleagues and was a favourite with visitors.
- A popular and well-liked woman, Maureen was joined by a large group of family and friends for the special occasion.
- They may discover that they are not well-liked and find it very hard to fit in.
- A very popular and well liked chap, he was always full of the joys of living, and had a word for everybody.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.