In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- It's a beautiful film, well-made, superbly acted.
- The well-made film captures its target audience and amuses adults as well.
- Good restaurants have their own specialities, comfortable environment, heartfelt service and well-made dishes.
- Although the divergent styles will result in fans having a clear favorite between the two films, both are solid, well-made movies.
- I try to buy clothes that are well-made, durable, and that I can move in.
- Their hypothesis was quite simple: there is a mainstream audience for well-made films that have the power to inspire on important issues.
- When goods are well-made and durable, eventually markets are saturated.
- It's all a light-colored wood, solid and well-made.
- It sounds like it's well-made and interesting but perhaps it's something to save for a more positive moment.
- It's a heavy, stable, well-made platform capable of spitting out thousands of 230-grain projectiles without requiring repairs.
- It is not often that credit for a well-made Hindi film is given to the script writer.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.