In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1de buenos modaleseducado
- He was an exceptionally well-mannered and polite lad and a very talented cricketer.
- It is a very polite and well-mannered affair, very British, very orderly.
- These refugees are well-mannered, respectful and, even in donated clothes, carry themselves with pride.
- I am glad that I have well-mannered, kind, respectful kids, who do know when others are invading their territories.
- He's polite, well-mannered and hardly ever swears.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.