In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There's a strong touring culture here, too, which means a well-organised system of camp sites.
- The interface and search engine is well-organized and usually very stable.
- The citizens are presented as eloquent and well-organised with a reasoned political strategy.
- No, sir, this is the time to crank open your well-organized collection of business cards.
- The report did confirm that the premises were generally very clean, tidy and well-organised.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.