In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Indeed, a subtle, well-placed question may be the most effective tactic you have.
- I thought for a moment, thrown off course by Mally's well-placed question, one I hadn't addressed before now.
- That way we will be well placed to take full advantage of the eventual economic upswing.
- The boom in online recruitment is something the company is also well placed to take advantage of.
- He was a successful farmer and businessman, well placed to take advantage of developments in agriculture.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.