In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The sale was well-timed, the shares then trading at 33p compared to 15.5p today.
- In the week it was confirmed that these guys are to go national with their Friday night show, they made a well-timed appearance away from the cameras.
- The trade looks well-timed, because the shares have already climbed to 439p.
- On a day of many fine displays, Ginner caught the eye with a series of well-timed tackles and interceptions.
- Big numbers of new people earning decent salaries will also be a well-timed boost to the Manchester city centre property market.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.