In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- They also underscore the enduring richness of the continent's cultural heritage, which serves as a wellspring of creativity worldwide.
- It is at the source, the wellspring of our feelings, that we may then either amplify or transform them.
- From the moment he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1988, his wellsprings of creativity almost completely dried up.
- We romanticize depression as a wellspring of finer thought, as the source of melancholic insight for artists, deep thinkers and sensitive souls.
- But California has a robust economy, boasts a diverse and vibrant population, provides technological leadership for the world, and remains a wellspring of new ideas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.