In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1casita de juguete feminine
- At one end are two plastic Wendy houses for them to play in.
- The chicken house looks like a superior Wendy house.
- Wai Hah, a pupil at St Georges RC High in Walkden, said: ‘I used to have a Wendy house which I played in with my two sisters.’
- Her 21st century Wendy house impressed manufacturers after she won a top prize in a national contest organised by the Trading Standards Institute to dream up safe playthings.
- It will be a scale model of a Romany caravan about the size of a Wendy house for children to play in.
- The Wendy house could be sold already painted and made up, or it might be supplied in plain card so that people can turn it into whatever they want.
- The celebrity pair - who have a combined fortune estimated at over £50 million - also secured permission for a lavish brick Wendy house..
- A council spokesman said: ‘As the Wendy house borders a highway, the law states that planning permission is required.’
- The leather Wendy house that Bill constructed at the bottom of the garden out of some scraps of hide from his workshop gets good use.
- A further charming addition to the garden is a Wendy house.
- We leave the Wendy house (carefully does it) and he takes me into the engine room of his empire by a back door.
- Members voted unanimously to take no further action over the Wendy house.
- St Mark's Anglican Church resembles a dainty Wendy house with gothic windows while Catholic St Patrick's transepts make it larger, more eager.
- They had little motorbikes and a Wendy house and a big tree to climb.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.