In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1familia extendida feminine
- The pito or umbilical cord symbolically tied that child to its tribe, its whanau, its hapu, and the land it inherited.
- The sum of $4 million has been allocated over 4 years to strengthen use of Maori language in whanau and communities.
- When I arrived at the Waikare estuary, my whanau were exercising a traditional historical exercise of catching flounder.
- They will also be able to see how their families and whanau interacted with the Government.
- They always provided the best of opportunities for their children as well as caring for their extended whanau and the Temuka community.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.