In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Although the wheelbases are identical, the hatchback's overall length is 14 ins.
- Another problem with a big truck and a short wheelbase and a single rear axle is the bounce.
- If you think this is no more than a VW Phaeton with twin turbos and a longer wheelbase, you're missing the point.
- But we knew that the new platform had to offer the flexibility for different wheelbases and overall widths.
- That's 6.1 in. shorter than the previous model, and the wheelbase is reduced by 1.6 in.
- Three wheelbases are available - 118-in., 140-in., and 158-in. - as are two roof heights for the shorter versions.
- Visteon's portable dyno can handle vehicles with wheelbases from 85 to 190 in., though pickups with dual rear wheels are too wide to fit comfortably.
- Although new Maxima is shorter than the old model, it has a longer wheelbase.
- Available in three wheelbases and three roof heights, the vehicle I tested was the 3000 mm wheelbase with a cargo capacity of 7.3 [m.sup.3].
- In fact, from the 1,500-lb.-rated operating capacity and up, all of the competitor machines have increased their wheelbases to longer wheelbases like the Deere and New Holland models [have].
- Stretch the wheelbase, increase the width slightly, and there's the replacement for the aging Town Car.
- Its wheelbase, 103.5 in., is greater than the vehicles in the competitive set.
- Most are panel vans on 3.5m wheelbases although the line-up also includes eight 4m wheelbase models and 10 Traveliner 12-seater minibuses.
- The front seats are comfortable and supportive, as are those in the rear, where leg room is surprisingly good for a short wheelbase vehicle.
- A longer wheelbase permits a more aggressive moldboard angle for a given blade length than a shorter wheelbase does.
- Although they share the same platform, they have unique body structures and different wheelbases.
- Smaller than current 3 Series, this new five-door has the longest wheelbase and widest track in its class.
- On-road this thing is a blast, but be careful during the test drive; It's a tall ride on a short wheelbase, and it has lots of power.
- Both the Signum and Vectra station wagon, which is due to market late next year, share the same wheelbase.
- A longer wheelbase and wider track helps the car's handling, and also improves interior accommodation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.