In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(de la leche) suero masculine
- All are made without the dairy derivatives lactose, butterfat, milk, whey and casein.
- Dry sweet whey is kept for use or sale, while salty whey is removed for waste treatment.
- At the firm curd stage, remove the liquid whey so you're left with only the solid stuff.
- Other sought after foodstuffs were sun-dried cod, ling and pork that had been preserved in whey, then boiled to rags in its juice.
- While the rest of us are barking at imaginary voices and foaming at the mouth, your mind is sitting on a tuffet eating curds and whey.
- Curds and whey are of course bi-products of the cheese making process.
- Modular protein products may have a soy, whey, casein, or egg white composition.
- The cheese curds are pumped into cheese towers where any remaining whey is removed.
- The curds are then cut, the whey drained and the curds rinsed before filling.
- It is also a component of the milk in milk chocolate and of whey, an ingredient used in some candies.
- That said, the supplement outperforms whey only slightly and not always consistently.
- The curd is processed into mozzarella, and the whey is processed into ricotta.
- Michael, who has Down's Syndrome, presides over the vat of curds and whey: he's a rock of diligence.
- Skimmed milk and whey are the other main ingredients, plain water being used instead for purely vegetable brands.
- Some of the foods that work best for her include protein from egg whites, whey and fish.
- Soya milk is extracted from soya beans, then the proteins in the milk coagulate, creating curds and whey.
- Coming soon to the site will be consumer-targeted information on dairy calcium and whey.
- Butter-milk, skimmed milk and whey were also drunk but probably not in such great quantity at a feast.
- Overall, the study showed that removal of whey from human milk resulted in less iron uptake.
- The curd and whey is transferred to the curd machine where the whey is drained.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.