- In the floor-to-ceiling mirror by our table, I saw how we looked: two whey-faced tourists from the far north among the permanent tans of the Southern Californians.
- On TV he saw a whey-faced apparatchik, a man who earned more money in one year than Angus could hope to earn in a life-time.
- But back in the real world it is all too easy to see why women who are whey-faced and washed-out with the practical demands of ‘having it all’ might find the idea of marrying a rich man very attractive indeed.
- He has assembled a somewhat spunkier bunch than Gilbert's parade of whey-faced pushovers.
- Jeremy Legat, a recent drama-school graduate, is quite outstanding as a homeless, whey-faced teenager who struts around brandishing a stolen cutlass.
- Inside a room, known as The Room, whey-faced men in drab suits sit in cubicles pushing paper about.
- Only his big brown eyes were visible as he roared off from the pits, and one of them, I could have sworn, was fixed on me, his whey-faced passenger, as he hurtled towards the first bend at 150 mph.
- Are there any whey-faced American singer song-writers who don't hate the President?
- So what were these whey-faced poseurs actually doing in the Eighties?
- His singing voice is perilously thin and his whey-faced, wire-spectacled appearance suggests a long time spent indoors.