1molinete masculinemolinillo masculineremolino masculine Southern Conerehilete masculine Mexico Peruringlete masculine Colombia
- The wide range of works includes quilts, rugs, needlework, paintings, works on paper, weather vanes, whirligigs, decoys, and painted furniture.
- Most buyers have been delighted by the awkward charms of the animal cutouts nailed to his spinning whirligigs, figures of the red and black devils, crude portraits of Elvis Presley and President Abraham Lincoln.
- From whirligigs to stereoscopes, from toy soldiers to toy kitchens, from horse-drawn fire engines to subway cars, the New York Historical Society houses many toys illustrative of their day and the children who played with them.
- By 1988, when we devoted our February issue to the museum's holdings, its folk sculptures included carousel animals, whirligigs, weather vanes, decoys, trade signs, and some forty tobacconists' figures of all sizes and types.
- For a few hours I was a kid again, reliving memories sparked by the dozens of puppets and paintings, quilts and carvings, weather vanes and whirligigs that combined my two earliest passions - baseball and art.
- Behind the cross, crude propeller blades on whirligigs made by local artist R A Miller and planted on Windy Hill, spin and twirl on gusty days.
- A decorative arts gallery features the association's excellent scrimshaw collection as well as furniture, needlework, silver, whirligigs, lightship baskets, and sailors' valentines.
- Fun things include making whirligigs, first-place ribbons, preserves, and jams along with staging your own fair.
- Her Uncle Ob, a disabled World War II veteran, enjoys creating art sculptures in the form of whirligigs and her Aunt May enjoys gardening.
- While stopped at a red light, the Mrs. noticed a few strange whirligigs perched atop a billboard.
- Hellboy takes us to extravagant places of doom replete with giant geared contraptions, blazing electromagnetic whirligigs, and daggers that shoot out from walls and floors: a haunted-house look that is pure fun.