In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1liquidación de ropa blanca feminine
- An example of a white sale price is 20% of list price, but this varies widely.
- The white sale may not represent the best time for consumers to buy.
- The tradition of having white sales this month began in 1878 when Philadelphia's John Wanamaker discounted all the white linens in his department store.
- Today, white sales usually revolve around household items.
- The desire to save - which marketers exploit by concocting ‘white sales’ and ‘blue-light specials’ - can also lead to wasteful spending.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.