In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sometimes, after a long day, if I've been too busy to eat, I'll have Heinz Baked Beans on wholemeal bread.
- Serve piping hot with warmed wholemeal naan or flatbread.
- Instead, the message should be reinforced that simple dishes such as grilled fish, wholemeal rice and carrots can be just as healthy as fancier fare.
- My husband ordered the Hummus, a tasty homemade version, chunky and lemony, served with two large rolls of what looked like wholemeal soda bread.
- Wholegrain foods such as brown rice and wholemeal bread do much to ensure proper bowel function, and recent evidence suggests the benefits go way beyond merely keeping us regular.
- Sandwiches or rolls are often easiest and good choices if you use whole grain or wholemeal bread.
- Using floured hands, tip the dough on to a board dusted with wholemeal flour.
- Eat unrefined starches like wholemeal bread, brown rice and wholewheat pasta.
- While waiting for the various bits of the pie to need my attention I also knocked up some lentil soup and fresh wholemeal rolls.
- There are seven cheeses on the Yorkshire cheeseboard. and even the wholemeal flour used in the kitchen is from Yorkshire.
- Reaching for fruit, yoghurt, raisin toast or wholemeal crispbreads more often than for high-energy, nutrient-poor choices will help to keep you in shape.
- The problem with ‘granary’ bread is that the wholemeal flour content can actually be quite low.
- Good sources include wholegrains (brown rice, wholemeal bread, wholewheat pasta), nuts, seeds and green leafy vegetables.
- Eat more fruit and vegetables, wholemeal products and milk products
- Tonight will no doubt be something with wholemeal rice and lots of vegetables.
- I never had wholemeal flour (and if I do I make carrot cake), so I've not tried this one.
- Every day he eats a packet of Jaffa cakes and wholemeal biscuits and has mashed potato mixed with plain rice, baked beans and brown sauce in the evening.
- Serve the fish with some herbed yoghurt sauce, some toasted granary or wholemeal bread and a fresh rocket salad.
- Then on Sunday I baked myself a loaf of bread - I used a mix of white and wholemeal flour to which I added a good handful of oats.
- Wheat, be it ever so wholemeal and stoneground, is not a natural food for Homo sapiens.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.