In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1whosoever believeth in Him — quien crea en Él
- John singled out the sword as the suitable agent of retribution against a ruler who unlawfully used it against his people: ‘For whosoever takes up the sword deserves to perish by the sword.’
- Yet, we trust that Democracy is a creation of the People, by the People, and for the People; that whosoever justly serves the People shall be fairly rewarded.
- ‘I am calling on whosoever is holding this precious human being to relieve him of this trauma and allow him to go safely in the comfort of his parents and family,’ Rampersad said.
- The Bible says that God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believe in Him shouldn't perish but have everlasting life.
- And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.
- The Qur'an does not confer on any person, whosoever it may be, the sole right to interpret God's word.
- And your conscience would be to vote against whosoever needs to pay for your vote.
- Whosoever compoundeth any like it, or whosoever putteth any of it upon a stranger, shall even be cut off from his people.
- But I say unto you, that you resist not evil but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
- People want change, a change from the governance of mediocrity to a vibrant, clean and responsive administration and whosoever can ensure this will not only be acceptable to the people but will be also viewed with pride.
- It has never been part of any serious concept of America to believe that we must show blind fealty to whosoever happens to be in a public office at any given moment.
- These days most people are given to finding faults with others whosoever they may be.
- In whosoever's hands the scales of justice is placed, humankind's cry for justice is myopic.
- But let it be said that he never failed to show a Christ-like love for whosoever he was dealing with.
- There has to be an agreement between all parties that whosoever is in power will honour this agreement.
- The consensus is that whosoever is behind these blasts, the intention is to create communal tension and spoil the peaceful atmosphere.
- And whosoever believes in Allah and performs righteous good deeds, He will admit him into Gardens under which rivers flow, to dwell therein forever.
- The free market is in a headlong rush to find green solutions: whosoever discovers the next source of energy will be rich indeed.
- For whosoever shall call upon The Name of the Lord shall be saved.
- And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.