In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Television Cinemapantalla ancha feminine
- The picture quality is clear and bright, but only four of the videos are filmed in widescreen, and none are anamorphic.
- The only other extra supplement included on this disc is a theatrical trailer for the film presented in anamorphic widescreen.
- Finally there is a theatrical trailer for the film presented in non-anamorphic widescreen.
- Flat widescreens are the best choice for home cinema, as they not only marry beautifully with the format of DVD but give a clear clean picture edge to edge, even when you are not sitting directly in front of them.
- With both devices, the world comes at us as a moving picture, framed by the widescreen and by the windscreen.
- He filmed in Technicolor and widescreen for the only time in his career.
- Concerts really fare better in widescreen, just like films.
- Mr Gourlay said the standard cathode ray tube widescreens still had his vote for better picture quality over the more expensive plasma screens.
- New films are colour and widescreen, so that is what the public wants.
- The film is presented in anamorphic widescreen and while the transfer itself is solid enough the print used as a source does carry some dirt and, in one very noticeable instance, some scratching.
- Of course, it could be the present if HDTV and widescreens were affordable to the greater public.
- It is impossible to tell if this film is in anamorphic widescreen or not.
- Do yourself a favor and at the very least rent this film - preferably in widescreen.
- The film is presented in widescreen, and is for the most part riddled with scratches and dirt.
- First of all, it didn't fit my screen because I was viewing on a widescreen.
- Regardless, whether it was filmed in widescreen or not, the quality of the picture is undeniable.
- The film is presented in anamorphic widescreen, which does betray the digital source of the film to some extent.
- There is an option to view the film in either widescreen or full.
- Not only is the film in anamorphic widescreen, but the transfer looks fantastic.
- However, we do get the option of viewing the film in widescreen or full frame.
- The film is presented in anamorphic widescreen with a perfectly serviceable transfer.
- Unlike most cut sequences, these are presented in anamorphic widescreen and look just as good as the final film's transfer.
- The episodes were apparently all shot in a widescreen format, and they are presented in anamorphic widescreen here.
- It was famously said that widescreen was only good for filming a train or a snake.
- The main problem in the footage revolved around the fact that I filmed in widescreen.
2widescreen format — formato pantalla ancha masculine
- widescreen frame — fotograma de pantalla ancha
- widescreen presentation — presentación en pantalla ancha
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.