In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aparato masculineartilugio masculinechisme masculine Spain informal
- Prior to stamping and polymer clay and all the other gadgets and widgets we have today, we had paints and canvas.
- All of the ideas and all of the amends are delegated down from the project managers and the conceptual people to the people who actually produce the final work who are also the people who actually understand what widgets and doodahs are for.
- As you get deeper into turkeys, you'll find an almost infinite number of widgets, gadgets and gimmicks for turkey hunters.
- Too often we are caught up in the latest high-capacity firearm that is chock-full of the newest gizmos and widgets.
- Gadgets and widgets and all that cool stuff that make life easier, or at least more fun, that's what I want to write about.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.