In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- And I have a sneaky suspicion that the same goes for most other examples of participative media, from blogs to tags to wikis to whatever.
- We can also collaborate via private blogs and wikis.
- At the heart of this movement are wikis, web sites that allow users to directly edit any web page with one click of the mouse.
- Blogs, wikis and other forms of online discourse are individual interactions, not corporate communications.
- There are instructions on the report website on how to request access to the wiki.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.