1.1(European)gato montés masculine
- Since Dolly's creation in 1996 a variety of other animals have been duplicated, including a caracal cat and an African wildcat.
- A big wildcat can kill roe deer fawns, and sometimes even does.
- Domestic cats are thought to have descended from the African subspecies of the wildcat.
- Dresser's team is fine-tuning the cloning of small cats like the African wildcat, as well as the largest: tigers.
- Over the years, Owen Newman and I had filmed cheetahs, lions, leopards, African wildcats and servals (for the first ever film of them) but never caracals.
1.2US (bobcat)lince masculine
- Though more tolerant of people than many other wildcats, bobcats tend to avoid large cultivated areas.
- A highly adaptable wildcat of North America, the Bobcat has managed to survive in healthy numbers in a variety of habitats, consuming a diverse spectrum of prey, in both wild and inhabited regions.
- I soon found out she was not a kid. She was a regular little wildcat.
- I think she played the boss' daughter and Kevin liked her but she was a real wildcat.
3(oil well)pozo de exploración masculine
- Peak exploration was in 1985 when 184 wildcats were drilled.
1(risky)(speculation/project) arriesgado(project/speculation) riesgoso Latin America
- Those of you who might consider investing in a wildcat venture should also remember that the quality of geologic professional advice varies.
- Naturally no banker likes to see money drawn out of his institution and put into a wildcat investment where neither he nor anybody else thereabout will ever see it again.
- And when shop floor workers became dissatisfied, they staged increasing numbers of ‘unofficial’ or wildcat strikes.
- The effect of the industrial action was compounded by a wildcat strike held by railway train guards the same morning.
- This has seen members strike for two days in both February and April, and take part in a number of unofficial wildcat strikes.
- And at the time of writing we are seeing the first unofficial wildcat strikes in the civil service for 16 years!
- The 12-month dispute saw extensive industrial action, including wildcat strikes by teachers and walkouts by students.