In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1buena voluntad femininebuena disposición feminineshe offered to help with her usual willingness — se ofreció a ayudar con la buena voluntad / buena disposición de siempre
- willingness to + inf
- they have indicated their willingness to make concessions — han señalado que están dispuestos a hacer concesiones
- his constant willingness to help others — el hecho de que esté siempre dispuesto a ayudar a los demás
- What you need are the right ingredients, a little bit of time and a willingness to make it work.
- I am well known for my versatility and willingness to give most things a go.
- The proof of true moral worth is the ability, and the willingness, to attempt that negotiation.
- There must be a maintenance programme in place and a willingness by all to embrace the move.
- Their small size means less work and expense and can only lead to a willingness to try new things.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.