In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1túnel aerodinámico masculine
- So if you look behind the façade of the track performance at the moment we see a lot of improvement within the organisational team and use of the wind tunnel as an effective tool.
- Donal triumphs where others have failed, the first man to withstand hurricane force winds of 136 mph in a wind tunnel, parachuting through freezing air in the Arctic and swimming beneath the ice.
- To test any new designs, the brothers took another huge step past the competition: They created a wind tunnel.
- The teams use scale models and wind tunnel testing to hone their developments.
- Put that wing in a wind tunnel and measure the effect of various wind speeds and you have a simulation.
- The first week of training - called ground week - sends them to Fort Bragg where they become familiar with freefall stabilization in a wind tunnel.
- To arrive at our final choice, several comparative types were tested in the Lockheed wind tunnel, including the so-called laminar flow sections.
- The Wright brothers didn't just invent the airplane but they really also invented aeronautical engineering, and the wind tunnel and the airplane really are two halves of the invention.
- The wind tunnel was upgraded at a cost of $18 million and reopened in 1999.
- Investments such as the wind tunnel, new headquarters and Dayton Thermal will help the company meet a growing demand for its products in North America, say executives.
- It is being tested in a wind tunnel at the Arnold Engineering Development Center in Tullahoma, Tenn.
- A former aircraft engineer, Sayer used the wind tunnel at RAF Farnborough to come up with a design that promised high-speed stability as well as low drag.
- The brothers fabricated their airframe and engine as well as the instruments they used to measure the craft's performance; they even made their own wind tunnel to test their wing and control techniques.
- During that time, he set up MIT's pioneer course in aeronautical engineering - and constructed the most advanced wind tunnel in America.
- BAE Systems, with factories at Warton and Samlesbury, will work on aircraft structures and wind tunnel testing.
- During those short nine months, numerous then-revolutionary testing methods - including a wind tunnel, and a full-size fuselage mock-up - were undertaken.
- Before conversion work began at the Intracom plant at Smolensk, a scale model was tested in a wind tunnel at the Zhukovsky Institute in Moscow.
- His interest in aeronautics now had a real chance to become a research topic with the construction at Göttingen of a wind tunnel for the Zeppelin airship company.
- Hibbard listened to the young designer and sent Johnson and the model back to the wind tunnel for further testing.
- This sound mix is about as good as the transfer - there are a lot of instances where the dialogue, music, and effects sound as if they were recorded in a wind tunnel.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.