In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1a prueba de viento
- Particularly important are a windproof jacket, or anorak, with hood or hat and a stout pair of walking boots or shoes as they may have to cross some rough ground to see the best wildlife.
- Many great quality jackets today are waterproof, windproof and breathable.
- It's everything a ski garment should be: windproof, waterproof, heat resistant, and breathable.
- He parked his car a few yards in front of Macawber, donned a light windproof jacket and half-length gumboots and wandered off towards the sea.
- Several of Woolrich's hunting garments are made of Squires Hightech's Saddle-Cloth, a soft, quiet, stormproof and windproof fabric.
- It was early October and the sun was warm, so we decided on light polypro underlayers and windproof jackets.
- The cold weather camouflage parka fabric is a triple layer laminated waterproof, windproof, and moisture-vapor permeable nylon material.
- Now you can simply put on a lightweight nylon rain jacket that can be waterproof, windproof, and breathable.
- The Cordura fabric is windproof, water resistant, rot proof and fire resistant.
- A new fabric called Pre-Vent, which is a breathable, water-proof and windproof laminate, helps keep women dry and protected from wind and rain.
- You should look for outerwear made from fabric that's waterproof and windproof because that's going to keep the elements out and the heat on the inside, says Aaron Long of Plush.
- Browning's Upland Epic pants and jacket are made of 100-percent cotton canvas that is windproof and waterproof, yet breathable.
- You've no doubt heard of its most famous product: Gore-Tex fabrics, which have a transparent plastic coating that makes them waterproof and windproof but keeps them breathable.
- It isn't cheap but it is totally 100% waterproof, windproof and it looks good to boot.
- It is flexible, waterproof, windproof, and stretchable.
- Waterproof and windproof clothing when appropriate, as well as sufficient over-clothing, particularly wearing hats, and keeping moving while out, can do much to prevent cold stress outdoors.
- The result is a jacket that is completely windproof and waterproof, yet light and comfortable.
- The Prestige fleece is also windproof, but breathable, so it stops a chill wind better than wool sweaters.
- It is essential to have good footwear and to take warm windproof clothing as temperatures can drop quickly even in mid-summer.
- You don't even need heavy woolens, as in Gulmarg you'll be able to hire snowboots, mufflers, woollen socks, windproof jackets and caps.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.