In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1windsurf masculinewindsurfing masculinesurf a vela masculine
- One side of the island has a terrific beach and a large lagoon, with windsurfing, water bikes, dinghy sailing, and safe bathing.
- Also, water sports enthusiasts may prefer to stick to the surfing, windsurfing and kite-surfing meccas of Maui and Oahu, rather than visit all of the islands.
- His own advisers confessed one of their greatest regrets was allowing the senator to be photographed windsurfing - a sport of the jet-set elite, rather than the average Joe.
- He loves extreme sports like windsurfing, motor racing and water jet riding.
- So when Nikos Kaklamanakis, who won a gold medal for windsurfing at Sydney four years ago, walked out there were more than one or two puzzled expressions.
- Water sports such as canoeing, yachting, windsurfing and swimming should be encouraged.
- As she rattles off a list of pursuits that include snorkeling, kayaking, beach volleyball, scuba diving, windsurfing and water skiing, my anticipation and adrenaline levels skyrocket.
- With over 20 million windsurfers around the globe, this initiative is targeting windsurfing and related water sports as a tourism attraction.
- Both Thai and foreign women are becoming addicted to the sport of windsurfing.
- Water sports, including sailing, windsurfing, and fishing, are popular with Bahamians and tourists alike.
- Fishing, waterskiing, windsurfing, boat races and swimming are also favorite activities.
- Adults can amuse themselves with windsurfing, water-skiing, snorkelling lessons and paragliding.
- Daytime activities include golf, tennis, mountain biking, water skiing, windsurfing, sailing and snorkelling - all are available with qualified instruction.
- Kitesurfing evolved in the mid-1990s out of other extreme water sports, combining the most exciting elements of windsurfing and wakeboarding and taking them to vastly greater heights.
- Water sports are a major attraction here, including water-skiing, kayaking, windsurfing and paraskiing.
- Beaches are used for swimming, surfing, jogging, cycling, horseback riding, and windsurfing.
- Water-skiing, windsurfing, kayaking, sail boating and snorkeling are complimentary on the entire Windstar line.
- In essence, this new intense sport is windsurfing without those nasty, nonsensical items like safety or sanity.
- All of the amenities are at hand, including tennis courts, squash, minigolf, windsurfing, pedal boats, kayaks, water-skiing, parasailing, scuba diving and fitness areas.
- She worked overseas for three years, teaching windsurfing and waterskiing in America, and learning to scuba dive in Fiji.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.