In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Meanwhile, back in the wine bar, the barman returned and served our drinks.
- A wine bar, restaurant and retail unit will be incorporated on one or more levels, with the remainder being designated as office accommodation.
- The club is set over three levels; the ground floor is a café bar by day, and a wine bar at night.
- Undaunted though, she remortgaged her Edinburgh flat, sold her car and threw in her job at a local wine bar.
- The ground floor is billed as a wine bar but has a full menu, and the restaurant is on the first floor.
- Primarily a wine bar, this comfy café is housed in a former police station and serves up contemporary art as well as a robust brunch and dinner menu.
- The centre will eventually contain a High Street and Main Square, and a market square with shops, a pub, restaurants, a wine bar and supermarket.
- Anyone ever been to Mango in Arundel - the wine bar and restaurant?
- Harwich councillor Steven Henderson, who supported residents' protests against a wine bar, said he was happier about the idea of a restaurant and takeaway.
- Visitors can learn about wine, taste various spirits and enjoy excellent food in the wine bar or restaurant.
- Across the road in the local wine bar, Smith and Holland rapidly drew up their proposal: it was completed in half an hour.
- Whenever I went to a restaurant, wine bar, or brasserie she would turn up, uninvited.
- It is a cafe and wine bar more than a restaurant, but it does serve a select brunch menu and an evening menu.
- Patricia Wells would feel right at home at Paradou, the wine bar and café that materialized opposite Pastis two months ago.
- Over all, the restaurant had the feel of a sophisticated wine bar in a charming outdoor setting.
- They like keeping fit and going out - enjoying trips to the wine bar and visits to trendy coffee shops.
- Undeterred, we soldiered on and arranged a meeting at a local wine bar to discuss how we could take the project forward.
- They go drinking together in a wine bar and later visit other immigrants, in this case from Poland.
- The former headquarters of the NUM is next to Sheffield's grand City Hall and in the last few years the listed front section of the building has been turned into a trendy wine bar.
- The buildings are clustered around a courtyard with restaurants, a wine bar, a convenience store and a hair salon.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.