In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1productor de vino masculineproductora de vino femininevinatero masculinevinatera feminine
- He bought scores of wine books, consulted winemakers, and with textbook in hand attempted to turn the Bauduc plonk into a memorable wine.
- Telmo Rodriguez is one of the most exciting winemakers in Spain, producing some spectacular wines in a variety of regions.
- Now you can rent a row of vines in an Appellation Contrôlée vineyard in France, where a winemaker will produce up to four cases of top-quality wine from them.
- Visitors to the area mean support for the local farmers and winemakers.
- Each winemaker sees this wine as a personal statement and each blend is a unique melange of the varieties in the vineyards.
- I've even been asked by winemakers and importers to write my wine list according to region instead of grape variety.
- The problem with Pinot Noir is that it teases winemakers with greatness.
- A talented winemaker whose drinking wine of the moment is Shiraz, Debbie has a clear idea about the wine that she likes to produce and the wine she likes to drink.
- Greek winemakers are making a determined effort with their native white wine grapes.
- As a rule, hot summers and early harvests produce great wines, winemakers say.
- Even when the grapes are crushed, it takes a skilled winemaker to turn it into a successful wine.
- Fortunately, the traditionalists that have survived are some of the best winemakers in Barolo.
- New oak will give more flavour to the wine than an aged barrel and winemakers have the option of aging part of a vintage in new oak for a certain period and then in aged oak.
- In Piedmont, white Arneis is a bit of an afterthought for red winemakers focused on Nebbiolo, but this is a concentrated wine of rare complexity.
- Everything that a winemaker does in producing his wine affects the taste of the wine in one way or another.
- Wine director Brian Duncan also brings in winemakers to come to the restaurant and move around as people dine.
- If consumers accept them at retail, these winemakers may be emboldened to put higher priced wines under the same seal.
- The grapes came from Granite Hill Vineyard, and the winemaker is Tony Coturri, who makes his own wines in California.
- Rural artisan winemakers are battling industrialist producers in a bid to preserve the magical results of husbandry and handcraft.
- What's causing international winemakers to seek alternate closures for their wines?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.