In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- By this time the region had sprouted quite a few more vineyards and wineries.
- Then several years later, the winery hired Greg Bruni to come to West Texas to make the wine.
- I would now like to touch on the subject of wine being sold by wineries on a Sunday.
- The back label has a little blurb about the winery and its philosophy.
- We wander into the winery next door to the studio, with its gleaming silver vats and stacked wooden crates of bottles ready for dispatch.
- But in my research on this wine, I was able to find out a bit about the wine and the winery.
- Like the Plaimont co-op, Torres is another winery that has two wines in my selection.
- Bulgaria has more than 50 wineries and wine cellars, which are privately owned.
- The winery also produced a very wide range of other wines, but Cabernet was and is its mainstay.
- Unless you see a favorite that you want that night, choose a wine from a winery you've never heard of.
- The same winery's Swan Bay Pinot Noir (closed with a screwcap) was undrinkable.
- The fact that it's from Hungary shouldn't put you off, as anything from the Neszmely winery is worth buying.
- National tasting tours and promotional events held by a number of wineries are also well attended.
- The rest of the winery's production is sold at charity auctions.
- We get the wine we deserve if we continue to support wineries that demand high prices for untried products.
- Texas will collect sales tax revenue on shipments now as well as a shipper's permit fee from wineries.
- Some of these wineries are also producing Sauvignon Blanc, Gewürztraminer, and Riesling.
- There are so many new wineries and wines that it will take several columns to cover just the highlights.
- Made by a winery that makes great wines at every price point, this is a restrained, citrus fruity white.
- Then he met a banker named Donna, who thought Lee's idea of starting a winery was great.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.