In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sillón de orejas masculine
- The formality can be seen in the coffee table, in the pink chair, in the settee by the window, and in the striped wing chair.
- A chintz wing chair with salmon in the pattern will play nicely off the wall color, and drapes in a slightly darker salmon will pull the look together.
- Just the name conjures up images of leather-bound books, mahogany desks and some old chap mulling over life in the comfort of his wing chair.
- The next week he was an old man, sitting in his blue wing chair in grandma's living room - frustrated, angry, and somehow… broken.
- I should have mentioned I am wearing a smoking jacket and sitting in a leather wing chair as I dictate this.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.