In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1extremo femininepuntero masculine Colombia Southern Cone
- For modern wingers, rugby league is a game of split-second choices.
- True, their current playing styles are very similar - one striker, two galloping wingers, one prime mover and two midfield stiflers - so there's a risk they could nullify each other.
- In front of him the team consists of two banks of three players - three guards in defence and two wingers and a centre forward in attack.
- Bridge had thrown out a superb long ball to the winger and just when it looked like he was away for his third, play was called back.
- He is a very good player, a classic winger with lot of power, and is very quick.
- He did not have a traditional center forward, his wingers were tall, quick and skillful, his central midfielders aggressive ball-winners.
- It is refreshing to see wingers again scoring the kind of long-range tries you associate with them.
- He is a defender, he is a midfielder but he is also an attacker - a winger who makes and scores goals.
- That puts added pressure on the puck-moving defenseman and his wingers.
- Maybe one day, budding wingers all over the footballing world will try to perform a ‘Robben Turn’?
- Or, rather, there are wingers, but they're masquerading as fullbacks.
- These are two teams with impressive offensive arsenals and plenty of gifted wingers.
- You have to handle him differently from the way you would normal wingers; he occupies two or three defenders.
- If the winger beats two players and then crosses it for the striker, then there should be no problem.
- Robben did what very few wingers or wide players are capable of doing: he made his flank the centre of the game and changed the whole dynamics of the pitch.
- The word, as in Spanish, means cross, appropriate for the son of one of the best wingers in the sport.
- The game's dominant wingers play the right side, and a right-catching goaltender can be a tough puzzle for shooters to solve.
- They have brought in three more attacking players in wingers Luciano and Khalilou Fadiga and playmaker Andy van der Meyde, so the signs point towards a more offensive approach.
- How many wingers nowadays can score as prolifically as that?
- To place this into context let us consider other international wingers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.