In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(windshield wiper)limpiaparabrisas masculinelimpiador masculine Mexicobefore noun wiper blade — rasqueta (del limpiaparabrisas) feminine
- Two hours later, Colin returned to his car, to find a note under the wiper of his windscreen.
- Probably, he thought, peering out through struggling wind screen wipers at rows of brake lights ahead.
- Much of the earlier Punto remains: a facility to operate the electric front windows after the key has been taken out of the ignition, and windscreen washer-activated wipers.
- Michael again used the wipers to clear the windscreen.
- From engine and radiator parts to filters, wipers, auto body parts and trim and a whole lot more, you will find everything to repair and maintain your Nissan car.
- The safety kit is good, with six airbags, while a tyre-puncture monitor, rain-sensing wipers and automatic headlights
- The scope slides over the windscreen, the wipers are on.
- If you need any guidance what that's like, just switch off the wipers in your road car.
- It wasn't until I was halfway home and the screen was fully thawed that I spotted it - a limp stalk being dragged across the windscreen by the wipers.
- To a motorcyclist, that's almost as good as wipers and a CD player.
- Lateral airbags, xenon headlamps, headlamp wash, automatic headlamps, automatic wipers and heat reflecting windscreen are among the features that have been removed.
- It seems all wrong in modern surroundings, though, and I was forever activating the wipers needlessly.
- Another feature is the wash-wipe facility that can be programmed to vary the number of times the wipers operate after the windscreen wash has finished.
- I liked the automatically adjusting front wipers, but there was no rear wiper.
- On those same dark and damp days, the light-sensing headlamps and rain-sensitive wipers kick in without touching the controls.
- What's more, French cars these days are priced well below the German rivals and come as standard with all sorts of electronic trickery such as rain-sensing wipers and tyre-pressure sensors to make them even more appealing.
- The market for this shielding includes dashboard electronic components, electronic systems controls and small electric motors for wipers, seats and mirrors.
- Nhtsa requires that the vehicle is equipped with a safety glass windshield, turn signals, mirrors, wipers, headlights and taillights, brake lights and seatbelts.
- My wife was in the car and she had to use her wipers to clear the bees from her windscreen.
- The rest of the parts - air conditioning, window wipers, door handles, etc. - were chosen and assembled to maximize reliability.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.