In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(of house)cableado masculineinstalación eléctrica femininehave you checked the wiring in the plug? — ¿has mirado si los cables están bien conectados en el enchufe?
- The Milton Rooms' licence, which is needed before plays, shows and discos can go ahead, has been declined because the electrical wiring in the building is considered unsafe.
- EMF exposures exist in the home and workplace as a result of electrical equipment and building wiring, and not only as a result of nearby power lines.
- Hardcopy blueprints of the internal wiring system were laid out in front of him.
- And with the need to tie into existing building wiring, the system will have to be located close to the electrical feed into the building.
- Make sure electrical wiring and heating systems meet safety codes, and follow the manufacturer's instructions for heater placement and setup.
- Even electrical and computer wiring can be changed in a few minutes as opposed to hours.
- The panel sported a dizzying array of fine circuitry, fiber-optic wiring, some control processor chips and some digital readout panels.
- A fire sparked by faulty electrical wiring outside the Star Court Arcade left around 30 Lismore businesses without power for up to three hours on Tuesday morning.
- Magnetic fields in homes arise mainly from low voltage distribution wiring, house wiring, and domestic appliances.
- There is an oil-fired central heating system and some useable wiring in place, but a thorough overhaul of all services is necessary.
- They also patched-up the plumbing, replaced windows and carried out some much-needed work on the building's electrical wiring.
- Electrical wiring and telephone lines can transmit such signals by conduction; walls can vibrate subtly, as can pipes, beams, ducts, and the like.
- You will need some understanding of circuitry and wiring for this project.
- In Europe tightest regs appear to be in Greece, which officially requires wiring plans of all wiring in buildings to be submitted to central building control for approval.
- All safety warnings on electrical wiring were highlighted and stressed.
- Wiring may look okay to the untrained eye, but electrical wiring that is arcing is dangerous and can start fires.
- GPS receivers don't yet work well indoors where electrical wiring and other noise can interfere with their faint signals.
- Along the bottom was a giant blade and in the cracks some pneumatic systems and wiring could be seen.
- This will reduce rusting and make it less attractive to mice and other pests which can damage electrical wiring.
- The fuse structure may further include additional wiring over the electrical insulating layer at the same level as the fuse.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.