In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1brujería femininehechicería feminine
- I don't know whether you believe in witchcraft, sorcery, black magic, and all that kind of thing.
- The way I practice witchcraft has changed a lot, I'm a lot less pedantic now, I'm a lot more intuitive.
- Brabantio believes Othello to have used magic and witchcraft to summon Desdemona from her home.
- There is no black magic or witchcraft behind this self-help treatment.
- In the practice of witchcraft, spirits are summoned and called to stay in a circle until needed to fight off bad spirits.
- The result is witchcraft practised as an occult art, operating primarily through spells and curses.
- There has been a resurgence of the practice of African magic and witchcraft in a number of Kenyan communities.
- Like Meridiana, her attitude to nature is mystical, and she practices witchcraft.
- The Motu believed in witchcraft and sorcery, but they did not practice it.
- Not every New Guinea community practises sorcery or acknowledges witchcraft.
- The herb could be worn about the person to ward off witchcraft and sorcery and was also hung about doors and windows to keep evil away from the house.
- The misconceptions include black magic, witchcraft, evil eye and being possessed by a spirit.
- The counter measures aimed at combating witchcraft often involved sympathetic magic that was aimed at hurting the witch physically.
- It was regarded as an aid to eye sight and used as a cure against witchcraft and evil spirits.
- On this part of the Yorkshire coast in among the amusement arcades and the history, there's still talk of witchcraft and magic.
- These serials help perpetuate superstitions and blind beliefs in witchcraft and sorcery, in magic and animism.
- He believes absolutely in the objective reality of the supernatural world and of witchcraft and magic.
- It was not until 1951 that the first practitioners of modern day witchcraft became known.
- There was just no way his disappearance could have happened beyond black magic or witchcraft.
- Many of them practice witchcraft and sorcery as an integral part of the Muslim religious system.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.