In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1andar detrás de las mujeresandar detrás de las faldas informal
- Some say that she killed herself because she could not take her husband's deeds like gambling and womanizing so she just shot herself one night.
- ‘These so-called journalists have fabricated a story about Antonio gambling and womanising,’ reads one diary entry.
- Sébastien's disapproval surrounds his father's womanising ways and the hurt he caused his mother.
- Despite the arrangement, Joan and Philip seem passionately happy, until Joan discovers Philip's womanizing and is driven to ‘mad’ jealousy.
- Angry, he went back to Moscow and once again engaged in a life of revelry, drinking, gambling and womanizing.
- The rush to remove Estrada is bound up with broader issues than the accusations of corruption or with the moral condemnations of his own self-confessed drinking, gambling and womanising.
- Sitsili plays Zep, an abusive husband whose life is consumed with work, womanising and giving his wife grief.
- Dexter also addresses the rumors of his father's womanizing by saying, he was human with all the foibles and shortcomings of any mortal, yet he denies any real tomcatting around on his father's part.
- Over the years he has gambled, drunk, womanised and harassed his way into the headlines.
- Her husband Eric, once a hotshot director, now spends his days gambling, womanizing, and lying to Lisa.
- Not only is Jimmy adulterous, alcoholic, womanizing, and guilty of incest, he has astonishing contempt for his wife.
- ‘I'd be a millionaire if I did not squander my money on gambling and womanizing when I was younger,’ he said.
- Drinking, gambling and womanising sometimes landed him in trouble.
- She makes it clear that her attraction to women was in part a reaction to the chauvinism she witnessed as a girl: her mother's courage diminished by her father's tantrums and jealousy, his drinking and womanizing.
- She retired to bed for two decades, while the husband womanized.
- Once again this can be bought on by favourites such as women, finances, mother in laws, lost youth or sudden realisation of flaws such as gambling, alcoholism, womanising, and so on.
- Greene resigned due to the controversy in September 2002, admitted he had a problem with womanizing and promptly disappeared.
- Marcus' younger brother Barnaby was a bachelor hell bent on a lifetime of booze, gambling, and womanizing.
- He gambles, he drinks too much and he womanises on a scale to rival Casanova!
- For starters, it has an unlikable protagonist, a man who lies, steals, womanizes, drinks, daydreams and generally epitomizes uselessness.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.