In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1maravillosowe had a wonderful time — lo pasamos maravillosamente / fenomenal / de maravilla
- I feel wonderful — me siento maravillosamente bien / de maravilla
- she's wonderful for her age — está fantástica para su edad
- he was wonderful as the grandfather — estuvo genial en el papel del abuelo
- you've all been so wonderful — han sido todos tan increíblemente amables
- you did it? that's wonderful! — ¿lo lograste? ¡estupendo! / ¡qué maravilla!
- At the resort we met some wonderful folks that we hope we'll get a chance to see again.
- I turned up the music and let the car be filled with the wonderful sound of Aerosmith once more.
- What a fantastic idea, and what a wonderful way to learn more about Roman history!
- What a wonderful sight it was to see so many beautiful boats on the lough at the same time.
- How wonderful it would have been if we were to agree with each other on all the things.
- If he's on the tube we can just mute the gabble and marvel at his wonderful face instead.
- It is a substantial piece of work and a wonderful, and inspiring, record of bravery.
- It will enrich the amazing melange of sounds that make up this wonderful new South Africa.
- It was the very early stages of what has become an amazing and wonderful relationship.
- I have been in contact with a wonderful band who are very keen to come to Pewsey and play.
- He has a wonderful work ethic and speed to burn, so like I say it is just a matter of time.
- It had been such a wonderful day and the beautiful evening was its crowning glory.
- If it happens, it will be a first for the town and may turn out to be a wonderful idea.
- What a wonderful thing fantasy is when we can suspend the responsibly rule for a while.
- Her takes were wonderful and we were really delighted with what she did on set.
- It was wonderful to be alive and young on that sunny day after a close brush with death.
- I had never been abroad before, and the few of my friends who had been had made it sound wonderful.
- It was wonderful to see a synagogue which had so far been only a word to me in the Bible.
- Wave after wave of pure pleasure washed over her and she could not believe how wonderful it felt.
- It's a wonderful idea to do this incredible and strange show around such pictures.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.