In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Back before any of us were here on earth, Ira Gershwin was writing divine, clever and wondrous lyrics for another age.
- Most imagine a wondrous city or a verdant garden where human beings come face to face with God.
- Magic town is a wondrous land where all sorts of glorious and spellbinding things take place.
- Over the past few days I have seen the most amazing and wondrous sight.
- Spring is a wondrous time full of marvelous sights, sounds and smells.
1extraordinariamenteshe was wondrous fair — era extraordinariamente hermosa
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.