In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(print) grabado masculine(printing block) plancha de madera feminine
- There were paintings on paper mounted on canvas, photos of paintings, paintings on photographs, woodcuts and photos of drawings.
- Despite ill health and struggles with drugs, he produced many important paintings and major portrait woodcuts.
- He prepared woodcuts to illustrate his book Noa Noa, a romanticized récit of his stay in Tahiti, again deploying crude, primitivizing techniques.
- Printed woodcuts and engravings spread the news of the monster throughout Europe, and as they spread, the monster acquired a new, posthumous, existence.
- His graphic works consist of woodcuts, lithographs and etchings.
- He created woodcuts, etchings and a total of 24 lithographs.
- The book was never published, but Gauguin made a set of ten color woodcuts meant as illustrations.
- The techniques he used are woodblocks, woodcuts and lithographs.
- Preston produced oil paintings, linocut prints, and woodcuts that were often still-lifes of Australian flora and fauna.
- He created lithographs, etchings, drypoints, lino cuts, woodcuts and aquatints.
- For woodcuts the design is drawn on a wooden board.
- Apart from paintings he produced etchings, lithographs, and woodcuts as book illustrations.
- When only woodcuts, etchings and engravings could be printed, the images would get worse and worse over time as the blocks or plates wore down.
- Fond of using wood as a medium, Frank began to gain recognition for his woodcuts and wood engravings.
- Konrad Volkert continued to create woodcuts, etchings and linocuts.
- Hao Ping's prints are made as woodcuts in thick, bright oil colors.
- An easy way to see why I like his so much is is read one of his books or look at some of his prints, woodcuts and paintings.
- One would be hard pressed to find a group of Renaissance prints less like Mantegna's than the six chiaroscuro woodcuts of Apostles by Domenico Beccafumi.
- He was skilled in the art of a number of different printing techniques such as woodcuts, lithographs and mezzotints.
- Wood engraving allows to make finer lines than woodcuts and more impressions from the same block.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.