In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1bosque masculine(plants/birds) de los bosques
- There were also fears about the effect the fire would have on the area's oak woodlands, which are an important habitat for birds and plants.
- They sketched woodland plants and trees and learned how to use a digital camera.
- Murder squad detectives have been drafted in after a body was found partly buried in woodlands by a man walking his dog.
- It was also argued that the site proposed had a level of tree cover, but was not woodland.
- One area being highlighted is at Bilsdale, where ancient woodlands are to be restored.
- It also looks at ways of supporting the indigenous timber industry and using woodlands to improve health, landscape and wildlife.
- Clouts Wood is an area of ancient woodland of oak and ash, one mile south of Wroughton.
- Trees and woodlands take centuries to mature but may be felled in an instant.
- As we made our way along the pretty woodland walk, we gradually became aware of a distant and muffled rumble.
- It stood on the edge of a village whose name it shared and was bounded by many acres of ancient woodland.
- Beneath the heavy canopy of foliage, she captured the spirit of these woodlands of giant trees.
- Schoolchildren who planted trees on a site in Barnoldswick will be able to watch them grow into one of the area's most important woodlands.
- The Woodland Trust do a lot of work fighting to preserve our ancient woodlands, also working to improve the growth of the woods naturally.
- Nineteen percent of the land is arable and 46 percent consists of forests and woodlands.
- Adams said foxes that did not come out of the cover of woodlands or were injured could still be legitimately killed by the hound pack.
- If we are successful, we can begin to restore this once majestic ancient woodland to its former glory.
- There are beautiful walks amid woodland and stunning waterfalls in the Falls of Clyde.
- It plans to plant at least 35,000 trees in parks and woodlands across the UK.
- And its fragility makes it a good early indicator of the decline of ancient woodlands.
- It was the third such event in the ancient woodland in less than a year.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.