- Almost to the edge of the forest they went again and came to a woodmen's village.
- I remembered the ring of the woodman's axe in the forests at home, and wished for a few long-sided Green Mountain boys.
- The simple woodman's axe he'd been using had long ago lost what little bit of an edge it had possessed before he'd gone to work.
- The same Donald Stewart accusation is indicated in The Dewar Manuscripts, a collection of stories gathered by John Dewar, a woodman and meticulous recorder of tales a century later.
- In Scotland barely a square mile of our landscape has not at one time or another felt the sharp edge of a plough or the woodman's axe.