In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine carpinteríafeminine ebanisteríafeminine artesanía en madera
- These humorous, eye-catching designs are much less of a woodworking project than they are a painting assignment.
- Standard woodworking tools, stains, and finishes can be used.
- My friends Max and Bill, both woodworkers, were sharing a cooperative woodworking shop on the North Side, and it had an opening.
- Mosaic woodworking is also practiced and is used in the construction of boxes, trays, tables, desks, and game boards.
- Adrian had taken a woodworking and carpentry course in high school, so this would be a piece of cake.
- This experience enabled him to hone his woodworking skills.
- Vintage woodworking machinery trade catalogs have proved invaluable in uncovering the history of some of these companies.
- The woodworking and leather assembly areas sit side-by-side near the assembly line.
- All can be made from some scrap lumber, a small amount of paint, and our full-size woodworking plans.
- He did the plumbing, the electrical wiring, the woodworking.
- One could easily spend the best part of a weekend ambling through the village with its woodworking and weaving workshops.
- Very little detail is necessary for painting so there's no need to be an artist, and the woodworking skills required are practically nil.
- Behind the computer operations, the woodworking rooms are more what you would expect an organ company to look like.
- In his retirement years he enjoyed his woodworking hobbies.
- When setting up a woodworking or auto repair area, don't bolt power tools to the bench all at once.
- While Nicholson found his calling in the pulpit, he also continued to put his woodworking to work for his congregation.
- His brother used to work as a woodworking labourer at Remploy in Pontefract, which provides employment for the disabled, and is well known in the town's pubs.
- This summer, Old Sturbridge Village has expanded its regular woodworking demonstrations to include carpentry.
- He said last year, somebody was talking about the woodworking I do.
- Elms, oaks, and pines were popular on English signs, reflecting their usefulness in the various woodworking trades.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.