In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1banco de trabajo masculinemesa de trabajo feminine
- I have all my tables and workbenches on rollers, so that I can move things around easily.
- The vise is a workbench tool and should be firmly secured before being used.
- Sam walked over to a stool in front of a bare workbench and sat down, putting his coffee cup on the workbench.
- A large pile of construction materials, scraps, workbenches, tables and garbage accumulate around the displays as they are being built.
- Likewise, plans for our master workbench and router table detail all you need to know to construct these time saving aids.
- First, you need a good workbench or kitchen counter with a straight outside edge.
- Wiping up sawdust, on the shop workbench, from drilling or sandpapering is easy.
- If your tools have become scattered over the summer, or if they're in a pile on your workbench, now's the time to corral them.
- You can buy a workbench or your can make it from scratch.
- Clamp the molding in a wood vise, or to a workbench, or on a sawhorse.
- I bought a plain old mechanic's bench vise and bolted it to my garage workbench.
- They were spread casually about a large classroom with groups of white desks at the front and workbenches at the back.
- Tack the lower two boards directly to your workbench to help hold the jig square.
- He lays it down on the workbench and stands there, staring out the window.
- Have the board hung above the workbench with each tool's resting place clearly marked.
- They offer a wide variety of storage options you may not even have considered, including workbenches, special cabinets, recycling bins-even bicycle hangers-to store all of your stuff and still fit your cars in the garage!
- The main floor was littered with machinery and workbenches, the bulk and arches of cast-iron lathes, presses, moulds and mini furnaces.
- Off he trotted back to the workbench and I hit my desk.
- It can be placed in a corner of the garage, under a workbench, on a porch or in its own little shed.
- These have a fairly small, short table and are designed to be set up on a workbench or other type of stand.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.