1trabajador masculinetrabajadora femininehe's a good/slow worker — trabaja bien/lentamente
- factory worker — obrera
- building workers — obreros de la construcción
2(ant, bee)obrera feminine
- Colony development and the behavior of workers in these colonies resembled colonies reared in summer.
- All of the colonies contained at least eight workers and a queen at the start of the experiments.
- One teaspoon of honey is the entire life work of a worker bee.
- The queen bee eats the workers ' eggs to retain her control over the colony.
- ‘At first I thought it might have been a worker bee or a wasp or something, but it was about two or three times the size of a normal wasp - it was massive,’ she said.
- By staying out in the cold, the worker slows down the parasite's metabolism, often so much that the bee dies a natural death before the fly larva can mature.
- The honeybees return to the hive and pass the nectar onto other worker bees.
- You can separate workers from the colony to experiment, put them back together, and so on.
- The worker bees are the ones capable of stinging.
- The species has been shown to display nepotism as the worker ants favor the broods of the queen to whom they are most closely related.
- When there is an influx of nectar into the nest, the colony deploys more workers for foraging.
- Often, when the queen or many workers are killed, host colonies eventually perish.
- But other worker bees in the org are not so happy with the move.
- We also tested intercolony hostility between nonmarked workers of two original colonies.
- In autumn, the larvae emerge as adult workers and begin enlarging the colony.
- For a single colony, the workers collected at baits were kept alive in the laboratory.
- Drifting of honeybee workers into neighboring colonies is common and well established.
- Polybia occidentalis workers engaged in social biting with nest mates.
- These samples were collected from different queenless colonies, the worker brood emerging being laid by workers.
- Fifty or a hundred yards farther on, the worker ants form a new nest, and the colony files into place, rapidly at first and then more slowly as the last guests stumble in.