1the working class(es) — la clase obrera / trabajadora
- You thus argue that reducing corporate income taxes benefits big business but not the working classes.
- Of course, many of the latter could be working class in the Marxist definition of the term.
- Higher wages gave the working classes greater consuming power than they had had in Britain.
- The working class has to behave collectively because it is organised collectively.
- Middle-class models of domesticity gradually spread into both the working classes and aristocratic elites.
- The working classes and middle classes are now at the mercies of the regional land market.
- They are drawn largely from a social layer which itself is not part of the working class or peasantry.
- It was a means of incorporating the working classes within the existing social and political order, and thus preventing the threat of revolt from below.
- Indeed, the resistance of the working classes to socialist ideas made them the despair of middle-class intellectuals.
- He was from a ruling class background but took up the cause of the working class.
- Though the absolute level of social mobility has grown, there has been no change in the relative mobility rates between the middle and working classes.
- It shows the splendour of Europe's royal families while documenting the poverty of the working classes.
- The least likely to reach a later retirement age are from the manual working class.
- He suggests that Marx lost his faith in the ability of the working class to fight for change.
- But it is clear, if sometimes understated, that the Resistance relied largely on the left and the working classes.
- Living standards, however, have plummeted for the middle and working classes.
- The capitalist class are spoken for, the working class in big numbers are sitting this one out.
- He did not ignore the working class, but he made no attempt to help it organise.
- In turn it is the working class who are the main victims of sectarian division.
- For the working class, the fact that there is free association is very important indeed.
1(person/family) de clase obrera(person/family) de clase trabajadora(area) obrero