In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Psychologymemoria de trabajo femininememoria operativa femininememoria operacional feminine
- Short-term memory and working memory were measured because memory could affect the children's writing performance.
- It is argued here that both the perceptual and working memory stages can have their own levels of complexity.
- Since James's time, it has been variously called immediate memory, short-term memory, and working memory.
- The battery included tests of short-term memory, working memory, ideational fluency and verbal learning.
- The statistical methods used to examine these data can give people scores on verbal comprehension, perceptual organization, working memory, and processing speed.
2Computingmemoria de uso feminine
- In the same way that a computer with a larger working memory can crank through problems more quickly, people with a greater capacity for holding images in their heads are expected to have better reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Like RAM, the information stored in working memory is dumped when it is no longer needed.
- It is the primary working memory in a computer used for the temporary storage of programs and data and in which the data can be accessed directly and modified.
- It contains also 50 percent more internal working memory, supporting the next-generation operating systems, such as Microsoft Longhorn.
- Whereas gzip uses only 32 kilobytes of working memory during compression, rzip can use up to 900 megabytes, but that's okay because memory is getting cheaper and cheaper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.