In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masculine trabajofeminine facturaan example of her workmanship — un ejemplo de (la calidad de) su trabajo
- a fine piece of workmanship — un trabajo esmerado
- it's just poor workmanship — no es más que falta de habilidad profesional
- a piece of fine workmanship — una pieza de excelente factura
- If you had observed them, would you have felt that they were perhaps indicative of poor workmanship?
- Functional or ornamental, one could not deny their skill and workmanship.
- A bond for a single phase of a development may not be enough to correct poor workmanship on three or four phases.
- You are aware that due to the problems of poor workmanship on the electrical installation, this is not strictly correct.
- That story prompted a catalogue of complaints from disappointed new home buyers over delays and poor workmanship.
- The hotel collapse was caused by poor workmanship and construction failure, he said Wednesday.
- The company was committed to providing quality cars and any evidence of poor workmanship would be fully investigated.
- The clothes involve a high degree of workmanship, every single piece is stitched with a lot embroidery.
- Rogue traders rarely do this, making it virtually impossible for someone to take action for poor workmanship.
- The contractors who built the Workhouses were condemned for their poor workmanship and the using of cheap and bad material.
- Jarvis said it was worried about the damage to its reputation from accidents allegedly caused by poor workmanship.
- The letter went on to say poor workmanship was not covered under the insurance policy.
- He said the fire was caused by a faulty timer, and not poor workmanship.
- A high standard of workmanship in fixtures and fittings is therefore an essential element in securing sales.
- Correspondingly, workmanship and artistry of a high order also appears to be an inborn gift of the people here.
- The company is opening showrooms all over the world and the standard of workmanship here is second to none.
- Poor workmanship by the decoration team may still make a mess of your house even though you have paid for good materials.
- As mentioned earlier, a considerable amount of work needed to be stripped out and redone as a result of poor workmanship previously.
- People came from far and near to admire his workmanship and skill.
- However, with inexperienced crews and poor workmanship, the process usually took up to eight hours to complete.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.