In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1lugar de trabajo masculinetrabajo masculine
- You don't get it by standing around burning wood, but by getting out into workplaces and communities.
- We have to get outside factories and workplaces catching shift changes so we can give out leaflets.
- We are trying to bring the union shop stewards from both workplaces together and launch a campaign to save jobs.
- But you only felt it when we started going out into the workplaces and communities.
- Whenever I picket my workplace the police tell us that the law says we can only have six people on the picket line.
- Smoking is banned in all workplaces, including hospitality venues, in California.
- Hence, few homes and workplaces are going to be walking distance from the station.
- Supporters also organise to sell the paper on high streets, outside stations or workplaces.
- The atmosphere inside workplaces like the Parklands office has been horrible.
- Hold stalls to sell tickets for the march outside shops, workplaces and colleges.
- I like doing the job out and about in the workplace - I don't like being in the office at all.
- There is clearly something going on with workers in the offices, factories and workplaces of Britain.
- That means a ban on smoking in restaurants and pubs in the same way as there is in most workplaces.
- A wave of euphoria swept across shops and workplaces as thousands of people got behind the lads in their bid for glory.
- We will work with and fight alongside people in their communities, workplaces and colleges.
- The Minister said people had to recognise that pubs were workplaces for thousands.
- However, in some workplaces such as bars, smoking is entirely appropriate.
- The workplace causes stress, yet so few workplaces offer employees ways to combat it.
- Many have been surprised by visits from teams of officers at their homes and workplaces.
- Simply raise the minimum wage for staff in bars or other workplaces that have smokers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.