In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in factory)taller masculine
- Most of it is devoted to offices, conservation workshops and a packing room.
- Railways' have only a meagre capacity for manufacturing wagons in their workshops.
- Giant disused workshops and factory buildings would be flattened to make way for new homes and business properties.
- With my mind made up, I turn around, and quickly run across the spacious living room towards my workshop.
- It currently uses the quarry site to house vehicle repair workshops and store vehicles used for the film and television industry.
- This in itself was inconvenient as my van is also my workshop and materials store room.
- The classrooms have been turned into workshops where windows are repaired, restored and triple-glazed.
- At the same time they were workshops for the manufacture of textiles, bedding, and other articles for first aid.
- Units are mainly rented by car repair workshops and tradesmen.
- She also opened a body workshop to repair bikes and now has garages around the country that are approved by the company to carry out repairs.
- On my way to work I walk past workshops, garages and building sites.
- The last time I had been here was to bring a watch from the shop up to the jewellery workshops for repair.
- The money meant the group could set up a workshop to repair any broken furniture collected.
- Gun shops and home workshops are rooms with sharp metal laying around, grinding dust in the air and concrete floors.
- At the back were unsightly old workshops and flat-roofed buildings.
- The class was supposed to clean up the workshop and store rooms.
- Whilst this may be true for those sunken featured buildings used as workshops, recent reconstructions have shown this to be the wrong idea for houses.
- Its outbuildings have been converted to meeting rooms and workshops.
- Each store has a recycling workshop used to repair and refurbish donated items.
- The steel-and-concrete skeleton of the building has been repaired and the workshops have been gutted.
2(study group)taller masculinepoetry workshop — taller de poesía
- Several workshops focus on building self-confidence and escaping depression.
- A fortnight ago she was in Barcelona for the weekend, on a British Council project, doing workshops and playing a show.
- The programme includes one-day meetings and workshops as well as activities to enhance links with external funding bodies and industry.
- This art became one of most discussed subjects in contemporary theatre workshops.
- Talking of great expectations, I had my first workshop for The Smoking Room today.
- We have surveyed nations, held training workshops, done pilot projects, and held conferences.
- In addition to working with almost 200 clients in the past two years, Hamill has held hundreds of business seminars and workshops on the subject.
- A series of workshops will be held building up to the festival in June.
- Activities will include workshops, small group discussions, good food.
- This downed my spirits a little, until a vibrant and enthusiastic woman burst into the room and began the workshop.
- Upstairs, the large rooms host workshops for local craft groups, with whom Chris has become friendly since he took up pottery three years ago.
- Meetings and workshops are underway to discuss how and if the event will be rehabilitated.
- As part of their two weeks work, volunteers engage in discussion workshops dealing with the causes of poverty in third world countries.
- The workshop is an activist project in that it empowers the women and helps them get in touch with their creative potential.
- The Network promotes the use of model organisms and intends to provide a forum for meetings, workshops and other activities.
- We don't need empowerment workshops or team building techniques.
- There are a number of community capacity building workshops going on throughout the Halifax municipality.
- About 200 sessions, mostly workshops and interview-style panel discussions, will be held on six themes.
- The students had prepared projects for the various discussion workshops.
- Those who attend the conference will engage in a series of workshops and discussions that can contribute to the unity of our movement.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.